US Senate 2227 - EMPOWER Care Act
Ensuring Medicaid Provides Opportunities for Widespread Equity, Resources, and Care Act
- To reauthorize the Money Follows the Person (MFP) Demonstration Program.
- The MFP Program expired December of 2016 but allowed states to continue funding the program through 2020.
- This bill reauthorizes the program and extends funding through 2022.
- The Money Follows the Person Program helps transition individuals out of institutionalized settings and into community-based settings.
- The goal of the program is to increase home and community-based services while reducing institutionally-based services.
Ohio Senator Portman
Ohio Senator Brown
LINK TO BILL:
Introduced in the Senate on December 13, 2017
This bill did not pass during the 2017-2018 legislative session.