Ohio House Bill 354 - Firearms
To improve background checks, close gaps between federal and state law, improve focus on mental health disorders and to make an appropriation.
- Expands the offense of having weapons under disability to include additional disabling offenses and classifications.
- Requires the Director of Public Safety to create the Weapons Disability Data Portal to allow for the collection and distribution of data relevant to state and federal firearms disability status.
- Requires law enforcement agencies, courts, and other entities to submit information to the Weapons Disability Data Portal or to face sanctions for noncompliance.
- Extends the date on which a juvenile court must expunge all records sealed under the continuing Juvenile Sealing Law to require the expungement upon the 28th birthday of the person who is the subject of the sealing order.
- Specifies that a “mental illness” for purposes of law governing involuntary commitment of the mentally ill includes a moderate or severe substance use disorder.
- Makes an appropriation
LINK TO BILL:
Introduced in the House on: October 1, 2019
Referred to Committee on: October 1, 2019
Committee Hearings on:
October 2, 2019
October 8, 2019
October 9, 2019
October 10, 2019
October 16, 2019