Ohio Senate Bill 164 - Down Syndrome Abortion
Prohibit abortion if unborn has or may have Down Syndrome.
- Prohibits any person from performing, or attempting to perform, an abortion if the person seeking the abortion has any of the following:
- A test result indicating Down syndrome in an unborn child;
- A prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome in an unborn child; or
- Any other reason to believe that the child has Down syndrome.
- Provides a fourth degree felony to a person who performs or attempts to perform an abortion on the basis of Down Syndrome.
LINK TO BILL:
Introduced in the Senate on June 13, 2017
Referred to Committee on June 15, 2017
Committee Hearings on:
June 27, 2017
August 22, 2017
September 12, 2017
November 14, 2017
Reported out of Committee on November 14, 2017
Passed the Senate on November 15, 2017 by a vote of 20-12
Referred to Committee on November 28, 2017
Committee Hearing on December 6, 2017
This bill did not pass during the 2017-2018 legislative session.